Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
So you’re all ready for thanksgiving dinner. Turkey? Check. Mashed potatoes? Check. Pumpkin pie? Check. BUT OH NO! You just remembered one of your guests is gluten-free! (In this case, my mom, who’s celiac – the real deal) But you can’t let them go without dessert! Enter the easiest, fastest most delicious, reasonably healthy fall dessert ever.
Made in the microwave so it’s ready within minutes. Perfect for students with those annoying kitchenettes that don’t have ovens. Or people who are impatient.
- 1 baking apple (Cortland, Ida Red, Golden Delicious, Empire…you have options)
- 1 Tablespoon almond meal
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Carve a narrow hole out of the middle of the apple – essentially coring it, just enough to remove the seeds.
- Mix last three ingredients together in a bowl, then pack the mixture into the middle of the apple.
- Place the stuffed apple in the middle of a square of parchment paper, gather the paper up around the apple and twist.
- Place the packaged apple on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Unwrap when ready to eat.
*Most of my recipes just serve one because I only cook for myself. If you want to make more of these, just increase the ingredients and microwave the apples separately or multiply the microwave time by the number of apples you’re cooking.