Ever been really hungry and wanting a tasty afternoon snack? Hate overpriced granola bars? Well, my roommate Colette and I love tasty snacks and hate buying groceries so we decided to make our own VEGAN granola bars! And you know what, they were really great and easy to make!
- 1 tbsp Agave
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 2 1/2 cup of five grain granola (we opted for low fat raspberry almond to make things more interesting)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp of melted Coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: you can add frozen fruit! Like raspberries, or blueberries or strawberries etc! Since our granola came with raspberries we decided not to add this, but you can pretty much add whatever you want! Maybe even peanut butter or Nutella…I say this with Arlie in mind…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a non-stick baking pan…or if you are using a glass Tupperware container like us…then line it with Pam or canola oil).
- On low, melt the coconut oil in a small pot on the stove. If you are like Colette and I and keep the applesauce in the fridge, then we advice also mixing in the applesauce on the stove once the coconut oil has melted. You do not want to add cold applesauce to hot coconut oil because then the coconut oil will go back to its hardened state (something I learned today…).
- Pour the applesauce and coconut oil mixture into a mixing bowl. Add in the cinnamon, agave, and almond milk. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together. Once complete, add the granola.
- Mix the granola with the wet mixture until the granola is completely covered.
- If you wish to add in optional ingredients, make sure to gently fold them in. Fold until completely covered in the mixture.
- Put the completed mixture into a baking pan. Press in firmly.
- Cook at 350 degree F for 16-20 minutes. Let the bars cool to room temperature before enjoying.
BAM! I just did a recipe blog! Arlie should be proud!
(NOTE: Colette helped a lot…thank you to my wonderful roommate).