I swear by this recipe. Trust me, it’s worth the bother of acquiring butter flavour. It’s even vegan!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 teaspoons butter flavour
- beer, rum and club soda, or just club soda
- Add first four ingredients to a small saucepan on medium heat and stir until the sugars dissolve. Reduce to medium-low and stir occasionally until it comes to a boil.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Add vanilla and butter flavour and mix.
- Pour syrup into the bottom of a glass, then top up the glass with beer, or a shot of rum and club soda, or just club soda for a virgin drink. I usually use 2-3 tablespoons of syrup to 1 cup of beer or club soda.
- Store the remaining syrup in a bottle in the fridge. It’s a thin syrup so it won’t get too viscous in the cold.
Makes enough syrup for 5-8 glasses of butterbeer.