Mug cakes are the ultimate student food. Here are the recipes for two very simple, very delicious, very fast mug cakes.
- 3 tablespoons flour (or 2 for a smaller but richer cake)
- 1 heaping teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (for peanut butter cinnamon mug cake)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (for chocolate mug cake)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (for pb cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or melted butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk (any kind – I usually use almond)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: chocolate chips (leave out the cinnamon and add chocolate chips to the pb mug cake, or add chips to the chocolate for double chocolate. Both highly recommended.)
Mix all dry ingredients together with a fork in a large mug. Add wet ingredients and stir until just smooth. Place in the microwave for 1 min. All microwaves are a little different, but your mug cake is done when it doesn’t look wet on top.